TalkingDrugs Updates from Eastern Europe & Central Asia [March 2020]
On March 3rd, St. Petersburg narcoactivists held an action against repressive drug policies in Russia, demanding the repeal of article 228 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation. Source: Telegram
3. COVID-19 Curfews, Supply Shortages and Take-Home Prescriptions: How OST is Being Administered in the EECA Region - information provided by ENPUD, published by TalkingDrugs (Eng).
4. COVID-19 and Drugs - video by DUNews studio available here (Rus).
5. Thousands Experience Methadone Withdrawal in Russia: How Quarantine Impacts People Who Use Drugs - publication by MediaZona (Rus).
6. Activists call to eliminate article 228 of the Russian Criminal Code. On March 3 narcoactivists from St.Petersburgh held a street action against the repressive drug policy landscape in Russia - they suspended a banner above a bridge that read “Ban 228”. See details here (Rus)
7. Decriminalisation Works, But Too Few Countries Are Taking The Bold Step: UNAIDS statement with regard to the results of CND session here (Eng). Results of CND as portrayed by ENPUD representatives can be found here (Rus). UN Committee calls Ukraine to decriminalise the possession of drugs. Read more at EHRA website (Eng)
9. Criminalisation Costs: pocket guide - published by EHRA. The brochure can be downloaded here (Eng).